Monday, January 12, 2009

Valentine Anticipation




No more celestial ravings ( at least not for another 28 days ). Though I have to tell you the sky and the air today was sparkling. We received a wee bit more snow this morning on top of that which fell yesterday. Then the clouds cleared and the clarity of brightness was quintessential New Hampshire. As it streamed through the windows ( which were cleaned but a few days ago-yeah) and caressed objects around the room, it brought life back into them. What had been so familiar and seemingly unremarkable, were nearly animated with a new energy. My eyes could see them again ,freshly.

Just look at those diligent little workers:

And such a comely Miss is she:



But there I go.........




When what I'm really excited to share is my love for Valentine's Day.




" 'The time has come' ,the Walrus said, 'to talk of many things.' " And for me it is never too soon to talk about Valentine's Day; that ooey, gooey, pink, red , heart a-pitterpatter, celebration of Love. Old Love, young Love, passionate Love, familial Love, falling in Love......you get my drift.

Unlike the other Winter holiday ( the one that begins with a "C" ), this one is all for fun . It has it's own trappings , that's for sure. But it just doesn't carry the same baggage as the "other" one. No stress, no obligations. Isn't it too bad that the big "C" holiday, the one that should be the epitome of Love, is weighted with the running and preparing and shopping and wrapping and partying OR (for some)the obvious lack thereof ,that some of us bear it heavy in our hearts. But I speak for myself, and it is really not of this that I wish to speak.




Rather , VALENTINE'S Day. Lightness & frivolity . Flirtations. Hearts & flowers. Candy; NEVER forget candy-chocolate especially ! Cupids & arrows. With this as a backdrop I want to share with you my Valentine cards. I've got some "hot off the press" and newly installed in my little etsy shop. Please notice the sweet little mini -envelopes affixed to the cards. Well, IF you would like to make your own little envelopes and insert your own sweet greeting to attach to your own frothy Valentine , I am offering you my template---just because I LOVE this celebration.




Now this is where it gets tricky. Technologically speaking, I am NOT swift. So I hope it works. So stick with me while I try to get the template in place :




Well It's here . I hope it works. If it doesn't work out, I'll try to find another means to git it to ya. (Told ya I was LESS than tech-savvy. I DID warn you! )


Well I must be off. There is plenty of time to talk more of this luscious ,scrumptious day; and so we will another time. I wish you a heart-filled evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment